Monday, 6 July 2026

PROVERBS 3:11-35 - THE TEACHERS ADVICE

 



TAKE WISE TEACHING TO HEART 


Now, I am not saying that I am the wisest teacher. I don't believe I was ever the best parent; but I do know that my parents did the best they could as they could when it came with their teaching and disciplining. How? With their LOVE and their actions -  "WALKING IN THE TRUTH".

I never liked getting into trouble. I always hid away in my room, up in my tree outside, or went for a ride on my bike to the park for a swing. I didn't like getting punisshed, but I knew that sooner or later I would have to ley my anger calm down, so I could go I tell the TRUTH. Sometimes the correction hurt, but afterwards my dad would always come and and give me a hug, followed by a Bible story (teaching a lesson).

Like my time with my father, we need "repent of our sins", so we can have a "beautiful, loving relationship with our Father God."  


"My son, do not despise (reject) the chastening (discipline) of God; neither be weary, (upset) when he corrects you. The Lord loveth those He corrects; even as a father in whom He delighteth." Proverbs 3:11&12 (NKJV/NLT) 

"Every child needs discipline to help them grow. His father knew he couldn't delay or his son would resent him, and turn away from God. There will be trials ahead for you, but knnow that GOD LOVES YOU. Remember He has purpose for every trial, and all you need to do is TRUST IN HIM. BELIEVE IN HIM and He will BELIEVE IN YOU!" Peyton Jones 

"And we know that in all things God works together for good to those who LOVE GOD, to those who are called according TO HIS PURPOSE." Romans 8:28 (NKJV)



 GROW INTO BETTER PEOPLE

* Be more valuable SERVANTS, ministering TO OTHERS!
*Expanding your WORKS,  having a greater impact in your COMMUNITIES!
Be happier CHILDREN OF GOD!
                           
"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for His GOOD WORKS, which GOD PREPARED beforehand that we should WALK IN THEM. Ephesians 2:10 (NKJV)  

My husband loves to get out in his garden , to prune his plants , so they will GROW HEALTHY and "well shaped". God also prunes His people, shaping their behaviour, so they develop godly behaviours and characters. 

We also "find wisdom" and "gain wisdom", profiting as we gain great riches in "silver and gold". But these are not necessarily material riches or physical health  - they are also aso riches of PEACE and HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS. 

"Happy are those who find wisdom, and the man who gains understanding; for her proceeds are better than the proceeds of silver, and her gain than fine gold." Proverbs 3:13&14 (NKJV)

"A tree makes fruit, WISDOM GIVES LIFE to those who use it. Everyone WHO USES WISDOM WILL BE HAPPY." Proverbs 3:18 (ICB)




GOD'S WAY, GOD'S TIME


 "My child, hold on to wisdom and reason. Don'y lose sight of sound judgement and discretion. They will be life your your soul, like a necklace, adornment for your neck, that will beauitify your life."  Proverbs 3:21&22 (ICB/NIV)

"These come from walking closely with God. You will soon shine with "inner beauty from your soul". You will have LIFE and GRACE, finding success and happiness."
Nicky Gumbel

You can be an inspiration to others. I have many friends who have radiated JOY and CHRIST'S LOVE to me over the years - both men and women. They have reflected GRACE in their lives even in their greatest TRIALS and in the time of greatest LOSS. 

The best way to deal with these difficult situations is to keep GOD'S WISDOM flowing through you:

* Meditating on His Scripture.
* Feeling His Assurance.
*Lying down in a Peaceful Sleep.
*Trusting that God is in Control. 

"When you lie down, you will not be afaid; YES, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet." Proverbs 3:24 (NKJV)

"I WILL LIE DOWN IN PEACE AND SLEEP; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8 (NKJV)

"Peace comes from a relationship with God. No pillow is as soft as a clear conscience. Whatever happens, you can trust that God is watching over you."
Nicky Gumbel

"The Lord will keep you safe, have no fear of sudden disaster (trouble coming suddenly), for the Lord is at your side and will keep you from being caught in a trap." Proverbs 3:25&26 (ICB/NIV/NLT)




"THE HOLY BIBLE - NEW KING JAMES VERSION" - 1982, Thomas Nelson

"THE HPLY BIBLE - NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION" - 2011, Biblica

"THE HOLY BIBLE - NEW LIVING TRANSLATION", 2015, Tyndale House Publishers

"INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN'S BIBLE", 2015, Thomas Nelson


JONES, Peyton, "Trust the Lord - Proverbs 3" (2026), Through the Word.

GUMBEL, Nicky, "Through Jesus, the Universe Was Created" - "The Bible in One Year", 2009/2026, Alpha International/YouVersion


"Blessed is the One Who Finds Wisdom - Proverbs 3:13-26", 2025, You Tube
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PROVERBS 4 -. THE VALUE OF LISTENING TO OUR PARENTS

       1. LISTEN TO YOUR PARENTS In this Passage - Proverbs 4:1-9 we see the value of learning the wise teaching of parents and elders. Lear...