"The Lord is pleased with a GOOD PERSON. But He will punish anyone who plans evil." Proverbs 12:2 (ICB)
Solomon gave instructions for our LIFE, which we have been learning from the last 11 Proverbs. But they still continue:
* DO RIGHT AND YOU WILL SUCEED.
* WICKEDNESS LEADS TO FAILURE.
* FOOLISHNESS AND LAZINESS LEAD TO RUIN.
He contrasted:
* GOOD AND EVIL.
* WISDOM AND FOOLISHNESS.
* LABOUR AND LAZINESS.
Do you want success in life? Achievement? These are not really important. I am more a "Mother Theresa" type person - I don't own a lot, and it has never worried me. My daughter in law in law were chatting the other day and she encouraged with some words: "Mum, I always have faith because I have watched you in your life - no matter what happens in your life you always TRUST GOD and you know that HE IS IN CONTROL".
The first words on my NDIS PLAN are: "You want to support others". My goals and strengths are to develop my COMMUNICATE SKILLS, to IMPROVE MY BALANCE and DAILY LIVING ACTIVITIES. I want to develop my FINE MOTOR SKILLS with my writing and my reading skills, to support my family, the Church and the community.
"What matters to you? Look for LOVE, your JOB, SERVICE FOR GOD, wealth or sacrifice. Pattern your life after WISE, FAITHFUL, SPIRITUAL WORKERS." Max Lucado
1. PATIENCE AND KINDNESS
"A foolish person quickly shows that he is upset (is quick tempered), but a wise person ignores (stay calm) when insulted" Proverbs 12:16 (ICB/NLT)
Instead of lashing out when someone insults us, God reminds us that we need to be patient and kind, use our wise thoughts to SAY NOTHING. We may find it hard to ignore them, but as it Jesus told us when teaching the Beautitudes, "the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way we were", but God always watched over them.
"God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs. God blesses you when people say bad things about you and hurt you. They will lie and say all kinds of evil things about you because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in Heaven. People dod the same evil things to the prophets who lived before you." Matthew 5:10-12 (NLT/ICB)
When you are PATIENT AND KIND when someone is hurting you, they will hopefully see GOD'S LOVE IN YOU. It may change their hearts if they see FORGIVENESS rather than HATE, and hopefully it may CHANGE THEIR HEARTS. It may take time, but it's worth the wait!!
"Be kind and compassionate to one another, FORGIVING ONE ANOTHER, just as God forgave you in Christ." Ephesians 4:32 (CSB)
"In the same way, ther is JOY IN HEAVEN before the angels of God when one sinner CHANGES HIS HEART." Luke 15:10 (ICB)
2. ENCOURAGING OTHERS
"Some people make cutting remarks (careless words stab like a sword), but the WORDS OF THE WISE BRING HEALING." Proverbs 12:18 (NLT/ICB)
"ENCOURAGE EACH OTHER DAILY while it is still called today, so that none of you are hardened by sins of deception." Hebrews 13:31 (CSB)
"Therefore, ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER, and BUILD ONE ANOTHER UP as you are already doing." 2 Thessalonians 5:4 (CSB)
Life in the world can be so TOUGH. We can have so many BATTLES and discouraging experiencing. Sometimes we feel like GIVING UP. We thank God that He uses special people to encourage and lift us up in those times - to speak encouraging words into our hearts and to remind us of the plans God has for our lives.
"For I know the PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU says the Lord, PLANS PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU, TO GIVE YOU HOPE AND A FUUTURE." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Sometimes it can be Pastors and Christian friends (contact groups), or may even online friends, from authors and speakers we have grown up with. We too need to bring encouragement to others, shining a light into their lives. We will have the opportunity by using our GIFTS, TOOLS AND PASSIONS to reach our to others in our family, community and Church.
3. FRUITFULNESS/HONESTY
"The fruit of the righteous is the tree of life, and the one who is wise saves live."
Proverbs 11:30 (ICB)
"Wickedness never brings stability (no life can be established), but the GODLY HAVE ROOTS (the righteous cannot be uprooted)." Proverbs 12:3 (NLT/NIV)
Do you want your life to make a difference? Do you want your life to be a blessing to others? It is the HOLY SPIRIT that enables you to this, and helps you enjoy God's favour. Being HONEST AND TRUTHFUL is the 3rd skill God wants us to develop in life, with "authenticity from the heart".
I am currently working on my memoirs. I've been doing it for many years, and there are still many things in my life I still don't remember, or maybe don't want to. Those I do, are HONEST MEMORIES from the HEART. I love sharing them, hopefully to BRING JOY to others.
"A WISE PERSON IS PRAISED, but a stupid person is not respected....TRUTH WILL LAST FOREVER, but lies last only a moment. The Lord hates those who tells lies. But HE IS PLEASED WHO DO WHAT THEY PROMISE." Proverbs 12:8, 19, 22 (ICB)
Kids do it! Adults do it! We all tell lies! We all bend the truth, because we don't want to get into trouble. I remember when I was a child, I was afraid of telling my Dad I stole some money from my dad's wallet; so I could buy the kids at school some lollies. I just wanted to make friends! But I knew my Dad would be unhappy and I knew God didn't like LIES. So I ended up telling the TRUTH!
Being HONEST is the way we show that we have GOD'S SPIRIT in our hearts. This is what I learnt as a child, and what I still try to live out today. I'm not perfect, but PRAISE GOD, with GOD'S GRACE we cann be HONEST AND TRUSTWORYHY, living the way Jesus wants us to.
4. DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY: PROMOTE PEACE
"Worry (anxiety) makes a person feel like they are carrying a heavy load. A heavy heart weighs a person down, but the kind words cheer the person up." Proverbs 12:25 (ICB/CSB)
Remember the old song: "Don't Worry, Be Happy". The picture below shows the donkey carrying a heavy load, but he is smiling, because he knows that Jesus is carrying it with him, so his burden is light. He has given his worries to Jesus.
God wants us to have a HAPPY LIFE and to HELP OTHERS. He does not want us to be "weighed down with anxiety". Promote PEACE with your words. They can be vey powerful, hurtful or healing.
"Lord, help me to be a person who promotes PEACE, who speaks WORDS OF HEALING, TRUTH, KINDNESS and ENCOURAGEMENT." Nicky Gumble.
"THE HOLY BIBLE" - 'NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION" 2011, Biblica
"THE HOLY BIBLE" - "NEW LIVING TRANSLATION", 2015, Tyndale House Publications
"INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN'S BIBLE", 2015, Tommy Nelson
"CHRISTIAN STANDARD BIBLE." 2017, Holman Bible Publishers
"DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY", 2021, Bobby McFerrin (Composer/Performer), ChoyLyrics/YouTube
LUCADO, Max, "In the Eye of the Storm", 1991, Word.
GUMBEL, Nicky, "Tell Your Story Authentically/Bible in the Year" 2009/2026, ALPHA International/YouVersion
No comments:
Post a Comment